In this fast paced society, women are constantly striving for balance in their lives, but too often lack the time and knowledge to make it a reality. As a woman, Dr. Sjovold values the opportunity to equip women with the knowledge of how to best support their bodies through hormone care that works with the body’s natural cycles.
Commonly treated conditions:
- Menstrual irregularities (e.g., heavy flow, loss of flow, spotting)
- Painful menstruation (e.g., menstrual cramps)
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Yeast and other Vaginal infections
- Related conditions (e.g., acne, depression, fatigue, chronic urinary tract infections, weight gain)
- Blood and urine testing to assess for proper nutrient status (e.g., iron) and hormone balance (e.g., progesterone)
- Individualized treatment using a combination of botanical herbs, nutritional supplements, hydrotherapy, and acupuncture
- Annual physical exams, including:
- PAP exams: Recommended every 3 years for women ages 25-69 years (as per BC Cancer Agency) who have had any kind of sexual contact. Also indicated for women who have had the HPV vaccine, been with their partner for a while, been through menopause, are no longer sexually active, and/or are in a same-sex relationship. PAP’s decrease a woman’s risk for cervical cancer by helping to identify abnormal cells on the cervix and thus allow for treatment early on.
- Breast exams: Recommended annually for women ages 40-74 years (as per BC Cancer Agency). Breast exams help detect for signs and symptoms of breast cancer and provide an opportunity to learn how to perform self breast exams.