Is it possible that something so delicious could be so good for you too? Yes!
Now that the days are getting warmer and we’re starting to shed the layers, it’s easy to fall susceptible to seasonal viruses floating around. Keep your immune system primed and healthy with this quick, nutritious, energy-boosting smoothie that’s rich in Vitamin C, prebiotics, probiotics, fiber, and flavour!
Orange “Creamsicle” Smoothie
- 3 medium fresh oranges, peeled and segmented (tip: naval oranges are especially sweet and delicious)
- 1 medium frozen banana (tip: peel the banana before freezing)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk or milk alternative (almond, hemp, coconut, cashew, rice or soy milk)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1 tsp honey (to sweeten, optional)
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender*. Blend until smooth. Add more yogurt for thicker consistency, or milk/milk alternative for a lighter texture, according to preference.
* A high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix, will give an extra creamy texture, but a regular blender will also work.
Note: If you are using a regular blender, blend the first five ingredients until they are completely broken down and smooth, then add the ice and blend again for a slushy texture if desired.