Raised on Kawkawa Lake among the beautiful mountains of Hope, British Columbia, Dr. Sarah Sjovold grew up in a family that valued the use of natural medicines. Thanks to this early exposure, and after receiving both alternative and conventional medicine for a chronic illness, Dr. Sjovold developed a deep appreciation for the art of healing. Her experience grew a strong conviction that naturopathic medicine has an integral part to play in an individual’s health care plan.
Outside her practice, Dr. Sjovold has a passion for everything the Pacific West Coast has to offer from hiking, camping, skiing, and snowshoeing, to swimming and paddle boarding. Other interests include travel and cooking.
Throughout her clinical training, Dr. Sjovold had the opportunity to work at the Canadian Naturopathic Medical teaching clinic in Toronto, in addition to working as an intern at the Sherbourne HIV Health Clinic in Toronto. After graduation in 2004 and completion of her licensing exams in 2005, Dr. Sjovold returned to her home town of Hope, BC to set up a small practice. In 2008, she relocated and joined the team of practitioners at the Family Health Clinic in Langley, BC where she worked for four and half years alongside Drs. Ted Sleigh and Cathy Carlson-Rink, two highly respected and experienced naturopathic physicians. She relocated in 2012 and joined the team of practitioners at the Integrated Health Clinic in Fort Langley, BC to further her clinical experience and provide nutritional consultation for patients of the Cancer Care Centre.
Education and Memberships
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology (B.Sc.), University of British Columbia, 1998.
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine (N.D.), Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, 2004.
- Registered, licensed Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine in British Columbia, 2005.
- Certified by the College Board in Acupuncture, Chelation Therapy, and Pharmaceutical Prescribing.
- Member of the Endocrinology Association of Naturopathic Doctors (EndoANP), and the Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians (pedANP).
- Member of the College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC (CNPBC), the BC Naturopathic Association (BCNA) and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND).