Eating mindfully can help you reach your weight loss goals.
According to Google, mindfulness is “the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something”. If we apply that awareness to our food, mindful eating aims to reconnect us more deeply with the experience of eating – and enjoying – our food. This can be very helpful in terms of weight loss (especially where it concerns our tendency to overeat) by slowing us down, making us savour each bite, and helping us keep track of our fullness and hunger levels.
Here are some simple and fun ideas you can use to incorporate mindfulness into your mealtimes:
- Chew each bite 25 times.
- Feed yourself with your non-dominant hand.
- Eat everything with chopsticks for a week.
- Put your fork down between each bite.
- Take your first bite with your eyes closed.
- Try to identify every ingredient in your meal.
- Put your food on a plate.
- Enjoy your meals at a table.
- Eat in silence.
Together with regular exercise, mindful eating can have a significant impact on your weight loss success.
List taken from http://www.summertomato.com/how-to-eat-more-mindfully-2.