Winter (especially our cold, wet BC winter) begs for comfort and coziness. Try curling up in front of the fireplace with one of these natural, hCG diet-friendly twists on more traditional favourites…
Caramel Apple Pie
- 1 small apple
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. powdered stevia, or 8-10 drops of liquid stevia
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- English toffee stevia to taste
Slice apple into very thin slices. Arrange in layers in a round 3 inch crème Brule dish. For each layer, sprinkle generously with cinnamon, nutmeg, and powdered stevia. Continue layering with spices until dish is full. Sprinkle lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and water over the apple slices. Drizzle with English Toffee Stevia, if desired. Bake at 375 F for approximately 20-25 minutes or until apples are cooked and the top is slightly crispy. Serve warm.
hCG Chocolate Delight
- 1 cup extra virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup 100% cocoa, sifted to remove lumps
- 8 pkgs stevia, or flavoured stevia – peppermint, English Toffee or vanilla
Sift cocoa to break up any chunks. Add melted coconut oil & mix. Mix in stevia, adding more or less depending on taste. Add a few drops of flavoured stevia to taste. Spread into candy molds or onto a baking sheet to make bark. Freeze for 15 minutes.
hCG Hot Chocolate
- 1 tsp dark cocoa
- 1 tbsp skim milk, or 2 tbsp soy or almond milk
- Stevia to taste
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 ½ cup boiling water
Mix cocoa, milk, stevia & salt into a paste. Add boiling water.