Doing detox isn’t difficult.
- Stay well hydrated with 6-8 glasses of purified, filtered, or spring water. These sources contain the least amount of potential toxins.
- Let’s lemon! Drinking a cup of warm water with the fresh juice of 1/2 a lemon first thing in the morning helps cleanse your system and get digestion moving.
- Eat organic as much as possible to avoid pesticides and reduce the toxic load on the liver.
- Get berry boosted. Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries are cleansing powerhouses, high in antioxidants, and “berry” delicious!! Try making a smoothie, adding them to salads, or snacking on them raw for tasty results.
- Go crazy for cruciferous and alliums! Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, garlic, and onions all contain sulfur compounds that help neutralize toxins and strengthen the liver. Eat 1-2 cups of these veggies each day.
This coleslaw recipe will get you going.
- Avoid the liver haters – saturated fats, hydrogenated oils, sugars/refined carbs, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, and food preservatives. All obstruct the liver’s ability to function properly.
- Go green with green tea. Not only does it neutralize toxins in the body, but it fights disease and can help with weight loss too!! Another hot detox alternative is this “Support Me” tea.